Friday, April 1, 2011

National Poetry Month

Today is the first day of April, which is National Poetry Month (in Canada and the US, but the rest of the world can join in too) and what we do is write a poem a day for the month of April. It may border on the quantity side of production rather than quality, but in light of my piece called WRITE, I will honour the mere mad pleasure that is writing from the top of your head.


So here goes.

peeling lips
tapping toes
no humour or wit
no rhyme nor prose
broken grammar
upon blank paper
someone call the poet doctor
but he says "I've got nothing to offer."

where do we go?
no one knows
*shrug*
I could drive you insane
with all these clich├ęs

I'm no Rumi, no Angelou, no Bronte, no Poe
but, well, April, I say here goes.

-
*edit*
Do join in the discussion and online poetry session for Poetry Month on kata.mata, our own little poetry group!

No comments: